COVID-19 related protective measures
Caring for your health and well-being has always been and is now more than ever our absolute priority.
We can assure you that we are welcoming you under prevention and social distancing conditions that are aligned with the governmental health requirements and regulations in order to provide you with the best
possible protection. Our teams are working closely with doctors from our sister company Swiss Medical
Network in order to ensure constant vigilance within our establishments as well as implementation and
follow-up of all regulations and advice issued by public health authorities.
Before and during your arrival
- Request for documents by email to be filled in and thus facilitate the check-in procedure.
COVID certificate (from 13.09.2021)
In the wake of the Federal Council’s decision on Wednesday, 8 September, the new regulations for the containment of the Covid pandemic will apply at the Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa as of Monday, 13 September. Thus, the Federal Council extends the certification obligation to services in the hotel industry, which affects the following hotel areas:
- Restaurant and bar operations in indoor areas.
- Indoor events (private events such as weddings, seminars, cultural events such as concerts, theatre, sporting events).
- Indoor sports areas such as wellness and fitness areas, indoor swimming pools, thermal baths, etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned areas, pure overnight accommodation in the hotel is not subject to the certificate requirement. However, catering for persons who do not have a certificate is only possible via room service. On terraces and in the other outdoor areas there is still no certificate obligation.
These measures have no influence on the obligation to wear masks in the public indoor areas of the hotel.
Throughout the establishment
- Thorough training of each staff member with regard to preventive measures and compliance with health regulations in the workplace
- Systematic temperature checks of all employees at the beginning of each shift
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers available in all areas open to the public and in all staff areas
- Mask-wearing mandatory for all employees and all guests (except when the latter are in their rooms)
- Minimum distance maintained during each interaction
- Regular disinfection of common areas following a strict protocol and using certified equipment and
- Re-organization of customer and employee traffic flows
In the restaurants
- Hand sanitizer available at the entrance
- Guests are served only when seated at their respective tables
- Required minimum distance maintained between tables
- Option of viewing the menu via the QR code on the table
- Printed laminated menus available on request (disinfected after each use)
- Furniture systematically disinfected between each service
In rooms and suites
- Provision of a sanitary kit with mask and hand sanitizer in your room upon your arrival
- No contact with or handling of guests’ personal belongings
- Daily disinfection of rooms following a strict protocol and using certified equipment and products
- Menu made available via a QR code
- Orders taken by phone
- Room service delivery information provided when the order is taken
Inside the Spa
- Disinfection of treatment rooms and fitness equipment after each use in accordance with a strict protocol and using certified equipment and products
- Staff hand-washing in front of clients
- Brochure made available via a QR code